Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings

1.      Karma Wilson Books.  I recently discovered this author.  I would love any of her books---Bear Stays Up, Mortimer’s First Manger, Bear Feels Scared, Princess Me…I could go on and on. 
2.    The Nativity (Ruth Sanderson).  I plan to read this picture book every Christmas with my kids.  It is a stunning illustrated companion of the Christmas story.
3.    Medio Pollito: A Spanish Tale (Eric A. Kimmel).  It is a beautiful story of overcoming obstacles.  Despite Medio Pollito’s physical limitations, he does not put a limit on his aspirations.
4.    The Thanksgiving Door (Debby Atwell).  I was nearly brought to tears by this beautiful picture book about the essential aspect of the holidays and our daily lives:  opening our lives and homes to others.
5.    Wink: The Ninja Who Wanted to Be Noticed (J. C. Phillipps ).  This book captures the essence of being an individual.  Wink has two influences and two passions in his life that at first appear incongruent.  He finds a way to incorporate both in a way that brings him fulfillment and makes his mentors proud. 
6.    Mother Daughter Book Club series (Heather Vogel Fredrick).  I read the first book in this series.  I would love the rest of them.  There is good character development and strong family/friendship ties with the characters. 
7.    The Book Shop Dog (Cynthia Rylant).   I shared a special reading moment with my son with this book.  It is a beautiful story of love, community, and man’s best friend. 
8.    Calico series (Karma Wilson).  There are no libraries in my area that carry these books.  I would love to get my hands on them.  They are the only books by Karma Wilson I have not read yet. 
9.    The Dinosaurs Night Before Christmas (Anne Meucke).  My kids and I loved reading this version of the popular poem.  The story is creative and entertaining while the illustrations are vibrant and energetic. 
10.  Tomie dePaola's Big Book of Favorite Legends (Tomie dePaola).  I recently saw it in a local book store.  It has some of my favorite legends and others I am interested in reading.

To view other Top Ten Tuesday Lists or to participate, click here.

4 comments:

  1. Nice list! I'm always on the lookout for great children's books.

    My list of books I hope Santa brings is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What books am I hoping to get from Santa?

    1. Hunger Games triology box set by Suzanne Collins
    2. Millennium/Girl with the Dragon Tattoo box set by Stieg Larsson
    3. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
    4. Matched by Ally Condie
    5. Vampire Academy box set by Richelle Mead
    6. Of Thee I Sing by President Barack Obama
    7. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
    8. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    9. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
    10. Strange Fate by L.J. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I ought to say I was wandering here and there on internet, but being here is good destiny for me, thankfulness...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey pal cool! thanks for providing these books.

    ReplyDelete

Carl and the Meaning of Life (Deborah Freedman)

Title:   Carl and the Meaning of Life   Author :   Deborah Freedman   Illustrator: Deborah Freedman ...