Title: One Shoe, Two Shoes
Author: Caryl Hart
Illustrator: Edward Underwood
Target Ages: 1-7
Genre: Concept, Early Reader
Publisher Summary: Shoes, shoes, and more shoes…This book is bursting with shoes of all different colors, sizes, and shapes. There’s a pair here to suit everyone—even a family of mice.
Author Caryl Hart has written a fresh, new text in the vein of the Dr. Seuss classic One Fish, Two Fish..
Edward Underwood’s vibrant illustrations add another engaging dimension to the text with his dog and mouse shenanigans.
One Shoe, Two Shoes is a exciting frolic with a band of mischievous mice and a lively dog. It is ideal for parents and educators looking for exciting early readers.
- Math: Practice counting and numeral words.
- Onomatopoeia: Identify sound words. Kids can add some of their own sound words to go with the action of the text.
- Colors: Primary colors are highlighted and often referred to in the text.
- Rhyming Words: True and slant rhymes abound for practice saying and identify.
- Reading: Simple, often repetitive text make for an ideal early reader.
- Verbs: Identify action words in the text. Then, create a list of other action words based on the illustrations.