Summary of The Greek News: The Greatest Newspaper
The book is over sized which makes it easy to share for large or small group reading times. The text is appropriate for about a third-grade level student to read independently. I highly recommend The Greek News: The Greatest Newspaper in Civilization for ages 7 and up.
- Unit Study: Add to a unit or study of ancient Greece or ancient civilizations
- Writing: Discuss different types of writing--editorial, news reporting, interview, and so forth; allow students to practice them on academic or personal topics
- Art: Create a political cartoon or draw a picture of favorite aspect of Greek life
- Journalism: Create a newspaper about the family, school/class, or other topic; allow students to practice layout and editing skills
- Comparison: Choose one or more areas of Greek life and compare/contrast in chart or paragraph form
- Point of View: Identify and discuss the different point of views; teach how to identify which point of view is being used and the various advantages/disadvantages to each one