Monday, April 9, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 04/09/2018

I was on spring break this week, so I was able to get several reviews done.  I did not get through nearly enough of the library books and review copies I have stacked up all over my dining room table.  Here is a recap of the books I did get to.  For more information and extension ideas, click on the title. 


Middle Grade Fantasy:  The Girl Who Drank the Moon






Poetry Friday: Cricket in the Thicket






No Kimchi for Me (Includes recipes)


For this coming week, I plan to get through as many in my stack as possible.  I am listening on audio is Elijah of Buxton.  I love the story so far.  Christopher Paul Curtis aptly captures a child’s perspective.  His stories have so much heart and humor. 


To find out what others are reading this week, visit Teach Mentor Texts.


7 comments:

  1. Your dining table sounds like mine, stacks all over! I liked The Girl Who Drank the Moon, and have Cricket In The Thicket coming from my library. Thanks for all the sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying, repeatedly, to get to The Girl Who Drank the Moon. I know it's going to be wonderful based on the many reviews I've read, but somehow it keeps getting bumped. So I'm going to make this a priority in May! Thanks for your review of it. I really want to read I Love My Hair, too! Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I purposely create stack of books I need to read so I have motivation to read them and avoid tripping on them or knocking them over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have stacks of books, but not on the dining room table. Mine are piled all over the house.....
    I have a copy of No Kimchi For Me in one of those piles. We've been meaning to make the pancakes, but just haven't gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one with piles of books. :)

      Delete
  5. I loved Escargot. Such a cute book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I super love Escargot! Amazingly done - and to be read with a French accent. :) I have yet to read The Girl Who Drank the Moon - everything about it seems to speak to me.

    ReplyDelete

Carl and the Meaning of Life (Deborah Freedman)

Title:   Carl and the Meaning of Life   Author :   Deborah Freedman   Illustrator: Deborah Freedman ...