Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books that Came Recommended

The topic this week is Top Ten Books that Came Recommended.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.  Click HERE to check out other bloggers' lists.

Some of these I read so long ago, I don’t even remember who or what prompted me to pick it up.  These are some of my favorite books that I am glad someone recommended to me.

1.     Harry Potter series (J.K. Rowling)
2.    The Wednesday Wars (Gary Schmidt)
3.    The Hunger Games series (Suzanne Collins)
4.    Mother-Daughter Book Club (Heather Vogel Fredrick)
5.    Star Girl (Jerry Spinelli)
6.    Flowers for Algernon (Daniel Keys)
7.    Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series (Ann Brashares)
8.    A Long Way from Chicago (Richard Peck)
9.    Walk Two Moons (Sharon Creech)
10.  The Bronze Bow (Elizabeth George Speare)

12 comments:

  1. You have a lot of Newbery titles on your list! Walk Two Moons is one of my absolute favorite books of all time. I completely adored The Wednesday Wars, and The Bronze Bow had some of the absolute finest character growth I've ever come across in literature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great books. Stargirl is a special favorite. I feel so grateful to all of those who have recommended books to me.

    Here's my gratitude list: Top Ten Books I'm Happy Were Recommended to Me. I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I Live Now is odd. I'm only a few chapters in, but it frankly has a Jodi Picoult feel (anorexia) at times. Not crazy about the cousin-cousin relationship either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sisterhood of the traveling pants, only saw movie and liked it. I like your website decor. Happy reading 2 U

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harry Potter is probably my all time greatest book recommendation. I have my mom to thank!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read the Harry Potter series. You have a great list of recommended books, and now you are passing along the recommendations to a new audience. Thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much do I love that you have a Sharon Creech book on here? SO. MUCH. Adore adore adore her books.

    My List

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a much abused copy of Stargirl laying around :)

    Great booms, im so glad there are people out there who knock sense into us and make us read such good books! Haha :p

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    NoraBell The Bookery

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for dropping by my blog. You mentioned that you are thinking about reading The Book Thief. I can't say enough good stuff about that book but I should warn you that it starts off really strange...the narrator is death, which for obvious reasons is a bit off-putting.But once you get past that odd beginning, it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Carl and the Meaning of Life (Deborah Freedman)

Title:   Carl and the Meaning of Life   Author :   Deborah Freedman   Illustrator: Deborah Freedman ...