Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Luck of the Loch Ness Monster by A.W. Flaherty

I am busy working on several Thanksgiving related entries.  I am keeping is short and sweet today.  Here is a noteworthy selection I recently came across.


I picked up The Luck of the Loch Ness Monster (ages 6-11) by A.W. Flaherty when I saw it was “A Tale of a Picky Eater” in hopes of inducing my “picky eater” in to being less particular.  J   Using gray and neutral hued watercolors, the end result of children throwing out their morning oatmeal is illustrated in a whimsical manner.  The story is an interesting combination of folk tale and realism.  It provides an explanation on the Loch Ness monster sightings (and origin) that is good-humored and imaginative.  If you enjoy folk tales and myths, you will likely find this creative narrative to be amusing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carl and the Meaning of Life (Deborah Freedman)

Title:   Carl and the Meaning of Life   Author :   Deborah Freedman   Illustrator: Deborah Freedman ...